Last updated on May 21, 2014.
By using this website, you agree that:
- You own all the content and information you provide to this website.
- You agree not to copy or post other people’s work on this site without their express permission. Basically don’t upload, post or transmit any content protected by copyrights, trademarks etc. You are liable if you do.
- You are responsible for all use of your account regardless of whether you gave your permission for such use.
- You will not impersonate anyone else.
- If you use the name or likeness of anyone on this site, you agree that you have their consent to do so.
- You will not post offensive, obscene or illegal material on this site. Neither bookowl (its directors, officers, employees etc), nor any of its agents are liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties. The risk of any such injury rests with you.
- You will not advertise or solicit your products or services on this site.
- You will not post junk or spam on this site.
- You will not copy, duplicate, reproduce any portion of this website. Don’t plagiarize.
- You will not to interfere with any other bookowl users right to privacy.
- You will not to defame, harass, stalk or threaten anyone on this site. Your account will be terminated if we learn of any such behavior.
- You are using this site at your own risk.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless bookowl and all its staff, officers and directors from and against all claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising out of your use of this website.
- bookowl is under no obligation to pay you for content that you submit or for editing, deleting or modifying anything you have submitted.
- bookowl may monitor this site but is not obliged to do so. bookowl reserves the right to monitor, reject or terminate account privileges. bookowl may terminate or suspend your account without any notice to you.
- bookowl may change features of this website at any time.
Disclaimers of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
- ALL FEATURES OF BOOKOWL ARE PROVIDED ON AN AS IS BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- BOOKOWL DOES NOT MAKE ANY GUARANTEES THAT ANY MATERIAL SUBMITTED TO, OR POSTED ON, THIS WEBSITE WILL EITHER BE CHOSEN FOR PUBLICATION BY A LITERARY AGENT OR PUBLISHER OR WILL EARN THE AUTHOR ANY MONEY.
- BOOKOWL MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE.
- NEITHER BOOKOWL NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS ARE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE.
- BOOKOWL DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
Content Submitted To bookowl
- bookowl distributes content from users and third parties. Such content belongs to the respective authors’ and third parties and does not belong to bookowl. bookowl does not make any guarantees with regard to such content.
- The bookowl product includes the following third-party content - GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from www.maxmind.com, Jcrop created by Deep Liquid Group under the MIT license, available at deepliquid.com, TinyMCE editor under the GNU Lesser General Public License found at www.tinymce.com and Google APIs.
- If you believe material posted on this site infringes your copyright, please send us information sufficient to determine the original copyright work, the material that you claim was copyrighted and where it appears on our site, how this material was used without the copyright holder’s permission, the user you allege is infringing; and a signed statement from you under penalty of perjury that what you say is accurate and that you are authorized to act for the copyright holder.
- All questions, comments and notices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in Canada.
bookowl’s Copyrights and TradeMarks
- This site also contains materials that are bookowl’s proprietary copyrights and trademarks (including software, graphics, text). You will not infringe bookowl’s copyrights or trademarks. You may not download copyrighted material and do not acquire ownership rights by downloading.
- Note that this agreement was written in English (Canada) and takes precedence in the event of any agreement conflicts due to translation.
Closing Your Account
- You may close your account at any time by clicking here.
- Upon closure of your account for any reason, note that your comments and ratings for books or illustrations submitted to bookowl will be maintained as historical record. The following statement may be linked to any comment or information provided, “User is no longer a member of bookowl.”